5.09.2009

It's been a long day...

But a good one! I was up and at'em at 5AM this morning. Today was 5k day!!

Got there early, had plenty of time to pick up my packet, tshirt and chip and walk around for a while. Jeni got there about 10 or so minutes before the race. We chatted for a few minutes before the siren sounded. Then we were off. When we crossed the timing mat, I started my Garmin.

Folks, we ran the entire time and chatted. We ran it in 31 minutes. We did a great job. I felt great afterward, too. Could have been that Everything bagel I scarfed while cooling down, but ya know!! ;)

I was pretty happy with myself...I ran the ENTIRE time. All 31 minutes. The longest I have run at one time before having to stop and walk before this race was 14 minutes. It definitely helps to have someone to run with!

The rest of the day was spent running errands. I got my oil changed, at lunch, went to Target and got some organizational stuff, bought Mother's Day presents and just finished cooking and eating dinner. I have been on the go since 5 AM and it's catching up with me!!

The rest of my evening consists of lounging on the couch with Andrew and watching The Goonies. :D

BTW, I burned about 374 calories.... 50 or so more than my usual 30 minute run/walks :)

NIGHT!

0 comments: